Friday, March 4, 2011

Friends Homecoming Package

So one of my good friends growing up went on a mission 2 years ago (Stolkholm, Sweden) and before he left he thought it would be a fun idea to assign 12 different girls a different month and in that month they were supposed to send him a package...well I got November (I picked that month because it was the month of both of our birthdays and very easy to remember, WRONG!!) sure enough November came around and I thought about some stuff I could send him, but of course never got around to it...couple months pass by and before you know it November is here again not only had I not sent him the first package, I of course forgot to send him a second package!! (I know I know horrible friend, right?) so of course I just push it aside and figure I will just send it another month no big deal.. well it is a big deal because I was talking to his parents and he comes home this week and I still had not sent him ANY package ;( of course I felt guilty and like such a bad friend!! Until I got this brilliant idea!! I still had a couple days till he was officially home I could get some packages together, take them to his house and have them waiting for him, so I got 2 packages ready to take to his house and since he was not home yet I technically didn't completely fail and the guilt was gone!! But I will have to admit these packages were by far the most fun to prepare!

I filled one with things he missed out on and need to catch up with like a movie, (the blind side) and a new C.D. (the newest NOW 37 I think it was) some new candy that came out (pretzel M&M's, Fizzie Skittles, and some new chocolates) I also put a new tie in because I am sure he is sick of the ones he has been wearing the last 2 years! If I would have had a little bit more time I probably would have put in some pictures of everything that has changed in the last 2 years like some of the new shopping centers, some new restaurants, and some of the new popular hangout spots, but I was rushed and didn't get that part taken care of.

Then the second package was filled with things he might have missed like all the fun candy bars and treats he didn't get to enjoy while over there..I kind of got a little carried away with this part but it was a ton of fun!!! (Twix, Snickers, Reeses, Kit Kat, Butterfinger, York Peppermint Patties, Gold Fish, M&M cookies, Laffy Taffy, and some Gum) Again if I would have thought about this sooner I would have put in some pictures of our group of friends, and of course some of his family and then maybe a couple pictures of the fun hangout spots, but I was really rushed and didn't get the chance ;(

I hope he liked them as much as I loved doing them!! It was a blast!! I think it will become a tradition for all of my friends/family coming home!

No comments:

Post a Comment